1. What personal information do we collect?
We collect the personal information you give to us when you fill in datafields and submit that information to us while using this website. This information will include your name, date of birth, address, contact number(s) and email address.
2. When do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information through the website when you:
- request to receive our communications (such as our e-newsletters), which we make available through this website.
3. How do we use personal information?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to reply to your queries;
- to process your donation;
- to provide you with information on our products or services;
- to inform you of our promotions, offers or other information we consider you would be interested in;
- to send you donation appeal letters;
- to process your application to become a Registered User or to enable you to gain access to information on the website made available only to Registered Users;
- to comply with relevant laws and regulations;
- for any specific purpose which we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected;
- for our administrative purposes.
4. How do we store personal information?
We store personal data electronically and in paper form. The personal information is kept safe and secure using generally accepted standards of security.
5. How you can access and request correction of your personal information?
6. Do we share or disclose your personal information?
We will disclose personal information about you (including your identity) to a third party if we are required to do so in the course of legal proceedings or other investigations, or if we determine that the disclosure is necessary in connection with a complaint regarding your use of the website or when we use the services of third parties to administer this website. We may also provide your personal information to third party partners of the RNZSPCA for those third party partners to market their products and services to you including, where you have opted in, the sending of commercial electronic messages.
7. For how long do we hold personal information?
We will keep your personal information for only as long as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which we collected it.
8. What are cookies and do we use them?
You do not have to accept cookies and you can set up your browser to notify you when you receive cookies. This will give you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept the cookies. If you choose to disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain features of the website.
10. Who can you contact for further information?