Careers at SPCA New Zealand
Fundraising Manager - SPCA
Full time, permanent role
The SPCA exists to protect sick, injured, lost and abused animals across the country. It succeeds in helping 60,000 animals each year due to the support of tens of thousands of caring Kiwi’s. We’re looking for an extraordinary Fundraising Manager who will help our supporters realise their aspirations for the animals of New Zealand.
Reporting to the National Marketing and Fundraising Manager and being a part of a professional and passionate team of 17, the Fundraising Manager is responsible for driving growth in fundraised income by prioritizing the needs and interests of SPCA supporters. You will continue to build the SPCA’s regular giving programme, develop a national legacy programme, and lead a driven fundraising team. You will understand what motivates our supporters and how to best connect them to the work of the SPCA. This is an exceptional opportunity to join the SPCA at a time of historic change as we work towards becoming one national entity in 2017.
If you thrive on positive change, know that culture is the true backbone of a great team, and believe it is possible to create the best supporter experience and fundraising programme in the country, then we want to hear from you.
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategy development
- Fundraising programme implementation including regular giving
- Reporting and analysis
You will bring to the role:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in fundraising, business development or marketing roles
- A degree qualification
- Experience in running a regular giving programme
- Leadership skills
- Experience in analysing results in order to further develop the programme and sustain the best long term ROI
- Ability to lead and support a team during a period of change
- Personal attributes that include integrity, resilience and determination
This role is based in SPCA Auckland’s office in Mangere and requires some flexibility to work outside business hours, so flexibility and own transport is a must, as is the right to work in New Zealand.
Please send a CV and a covering letter outlining your interest in the role and how your skills match the criteria to Paula Quigley- HR Coordinator email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. A position description is available on request.
Applications close Friday 31st March 2017.
Customer Service and Database Assistant - Auckland
Marketing & Fundraising Department
Part-time (Thursday and Friday), permanent
· Work for an organization you can be proud of
· Use your customer service skills to make a real difference for animals in need
· Join a small, dynamic and supportive team
Every year SPCA and protects 15,000 animals that have been abused, neglected or simply abandoned. We receive no government funding, yet without the SPCA there would be thousands of animals left in need with no-one to care for them.
You will be the first point of contact for our donors and financial supporters both on the phone and by email, so it is essential that you have strong customer service skills and excellent phone manner. You will also be responsible for processing and reconciling all incoming donations, monthly giving payments and merchandise orders. You will work across 3 databases and 1 payment gateway ensuring that all aspects of data entry and administrative support are provided in a timely and accurate manner. Due to this, a minimum data entry speed of 6000 KPH is essential.
This role is an integral part of the marketing and fundraising team; a fast paced, high performing team within a friendly and supportive team environment.
· Donor and financial supporter enquiries by phone and email
· Data entry and administration
· Processing of donations and financial transactions
· Essential skills and experience required:
· Proven experience in customer service and administration
· Proven experience in data entry
· A minimum data entry speed of 6000 KPH
· Very good interpersonal skills
· Strong computer skills including database systems and Microsoft Excel
· The ability to quickly learn new computer software
· Positive and professional in all dealings
· High levels of personal and professional integrity
If you’d like to use your skills to really make a difference, please send a covering letter and CV outlining your interest in the role and how your skills match the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered. A position description is available on request.
Applications close on Wednesday 5th April 2017.
Please contact your local SPCA centre for other opportunities.