Careers at SPCA New Zealand
Op Shop Store Manager - Three Kings
Location: Three Kings
Position: Store Manager
Hours: 10am- 5.30pm, 4-5 days per week, may include a Saturday shift
Our SPCA Op Shops have been a great success in raising funds for the Animal Village in Mangere.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic Retail Manager to help manage a very busy SPCA Op Shop.
This is not your standard retail job, no two days will be the same! We require someone with lots of energy as you will be on your feet all day. Being a genuine people person is essential to successfully manage a team of volunteers who give their time freely! The position available at Three Kings is a Management role and you will be required to work 4 to 5 days a week.
Essential experience required for this role;
· At least 3 years in a Retail type role
· At least 1 year in a Management role within Retail
· A steady working history that demonstrates commitment
· Able to carry out the physical aspects of the job
· Good communication skills and the ability to deal with a wide range of people
· Ability to meet deadlines, cope well under pressure and achieve targets
· Experience in Manual Handling and Health and Safety practices preferred
Preferred Experience / Behaviours
· Motivated and enthusiastic to make a difference
· High levels of personal and professional integrity
· Adaptable with a can-do attitude
· Be logical and have common sense
· Be able to work in a productive team environment
· Be flexible and open minded
· Must have own transport or able to get to work at specified times
Your passion for community causes and desire to make a difference will also hold you in good steed for this position. If you think you have what it takes, please apply today.
All application forms to be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
· A current copy of your resume
· A cover letter detailing why you are the best candidate for the role. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please contact your local SPCA centre for other opportunities.